- Entrepreneurs Association, Dallas Chapter.
- Japan-American Society of Dallas/Ft. Worth (General Counsel, 2001-2002; Member of the Board of Directors, 2001-2002, 2004 to 2006).
- New York State Bar Association.
- State Bar of Texas.
- Louisiana State Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana.
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctor. Cum laude.
- The University of Utah, Bachelor of Arts, International Relations. Double minors in Asian History and Japanese. Cum laude. Recipient of President's Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement.
Mr. Horn maintains an extremely diverse multi-national litigation and transactional practice. He has counseled well over one hundred public and private entities in a wide range of industries regarding establishing and maintaining intellectual property licensing and enforcement programs, commercial litigation, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships, labor and employment, and general corporate matters.
Mr. Horn has over fifteen years of experience negotiating relationships between U.S. and Japanese parties, which began during a two-year stay in Japan. He has represented affiliates of dozens of well-known Japanese companies including Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, Dentsu, Fuji Electric, Hitachi, Idemitsu, JGC, Kikkoman, Kobe Steel, Mitsubishi, Mitsui, NEC, Nomura, Seiko, Sumitomo, Tadano, Toyota, and Yamatake. He has also represented the Consulate General of Japan and the Japan External Trade Organization.
What Clients Say:
"Jeff has represented us in several corporate and litigation matters since we started our investment firm over six years ago. It is rare to find a counselor who has the acumen to handle both business transactions and complex commercial litigation. Jeff has a natural ability to take control of and find a resolution in the most challenging and complex situations. He has been a critical asset and a true partner in our growth and success."
Brandon W. Freeman
"Pugnacious when needed but always professional, Jeff has proven to be an invaluable partner. He is not only a skilled American lawyer—with knowledge of both the American and Japanese legal landscapes and cultures—he is an internationally minded asset to any multi-national organization."
Satoru Ando, President & CEO
Sumisho Computer Systems (USA), Inc.
"Jeff is talented, tough, open and honest. He is also practical, which is a characteristic you do not see everyday in an attorney. I am glad he is on our side."
Alvin L. Proctor, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
Kaneka Texas Corporation/Kaneka Nutrients L.P.
"Jeff handled a case of first impression involving a complex corporate merger. His tenacious, thorough preparation resulted in a total victory on the eve of trial—the opposition dismissed all of their claims with prejudice. It was a display of superb preparedness."
William B. Owens
Crowell and Owens, L.L.C.